Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fringegoing.

So fringe things I went to today were: Chris Huhne's new waste strategy thing (excellent free food), the ERS's "Ed Davey answers no questions and Alastair Carmichael answers slightly more" (dull) and Steve Webb and Will Howells's thing on campaigning on Facebook, which was really quite interesting. I won't go into too much detail, but I was impressed to see how much time and effort "Steve Webb and Steve Webb alone" had put into developing his strategy, and there was some nice advice on campaigning.

As I remarked earlier in the day, as I stopped by the Lib Dems Online stall and was encouraged to go along to the latter fringe meeting, Steve Webb seems to have been doing a Fringe meeting on this kind of thing just about every day. The response I got was "Yes. You'd almost think he was trying to make some sort of point, wouldn't you?"

I hope it's been getting through to people who need convincing, is all I can say. The meeting I went to tonight seemed well populated by people already on Facebook. When we were asked at the end how many had changed their status during the course of the meeting, as we had already watched Mr. Howells do, about 5 hands went up.

2 comments:

Alex Wilcock said...

Hi Andy!

I shall probably cave in and join Facebook after conference pressure ;-)

Say hello if you spot Richard, Millennium or me. We've been keeping an eye out for a chap looking like he's caught in an extermination effect...!

Will said...

Glad you enjoyed the fringe. You should've said hello! I quite like The Mind Robber :)